Legal notice to pay compensation of Tk 10 crore to Judge Miah

In the grenade attack case of August 21, Md. Jalal alias Judge Mia had to serve four years in prison. Stating that his fundamental rights were violated, a legal notice was sent to him to compensate him with Tk 10 crore.

This legal notice has been sent to 11 persons including Home Secretary, Inspector General of Police. On behalf of Judge Mia, this legal notice was sent by Supreme Court lawyers Mohammad Humayan Kabir and Mohammad Kaushar through registry post today.

Among those to whom the legal notice has been sent, the then State Minister for Home Lutfazzaman Babar, the then Inspector General of Police Khoda Baksh Chowdhury, Assistant Superintendent of Police Abdur Rashid, Munsi Atiqur Rahman and former Special Superintendent of Police Md. Ruhul Amin is there.
In the notice, an inquiry committee has been asked to determine whether Lutfazzaman Babar, Khoda Baksh Chowdhury, Abdur Rashid, Munsi Atiqur Rahman, Ruhul Amin or any other official or person is responsible for illegally keeping Judge Miah in prison.

The notice has asked to take necessary steps to collect compensation money from Lutfazzaman Babar, Khoda Baksh Chowdhury, Abdur Rashid, Munsi Atiqur Rahman, Ruhul Amin or any other person who is responsible for violating the fundamental rights of Judge Mia.

It has been asked to take action on these issues within 15 days of receiving the notice. Otherwise, necessary legal action will be taken including filing a writ, the notice said.
According to the notice, Judge Miah was arrested in June 2005 in connection with this terrible grenade attack in 2004. In this case, he was arrested by Judge Mia and kept in prison. He was released in June 2009. He was kept in prison for almost four years without any charges.

On August 21, 2004, a grenade attack was carried out on the rally of then opposition leader and current Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Bangabandhu Avenue in Dhaka. 22 people including party leaders were killed. The then opposition leader Sheikh Hasina and hundreds of leaders and workers were injured. From the beginning, the investigation of this grenade attack case was tried to be taken in a different field. First Shaibal Saha Parth, then Awami League leader Mokhlesur Rahman was arrested from Noakhali’s Senbagh. Jalalke He was kept in remand for a long time and a prepared statement was extracted from him by intimidation and inducement.