Finance News

‘Cash’ gave revenue of Tk 4 crore 50 lakh to postal department

‘Nagad’ has shared the revenue like every year. They have explained to the postal department a revenue of Tk.

The cash authority handed over the check for the dividend due to the postal department in a function at Dak Bhawan in Agargaon in the capital on Wednesday. Executive Director of Mobile Financial Service Nagd. Secretary of Post and Telecommunication Department received the check from Safayet Alam. Khalilur Rahman. At this time, the Minister of Posts and Telecommunications, Mustafa Jabbar, Director General of the Department of Posts. Harunur Rashid, Managing Director of Cash Tanveer A. Top officers of Naqd along with Mishuk were present.

According to the agreement between Nagad Limited and Postal Department, Bangladesh Postal Department will get 51 percent of the total revenue from the service of Nagad, while the remaining 49 percent revenue will be received by Nagad Limited. Earlier, Nagad Limited has declared a revenue of Tk 1 crore 12 lakh in the fiscal year 2019-20 and Tk 3 crore 31 lakh 94 thousand 877 in the fiscal year 2020-21 to the postal department.

Post and Telecommunication Minister Mustafa Jabbar said in the check acceptance ceremony, “I think that the existence of cash has saved the country thousands of crores of rupees.” If you do good work in the country, they try to pull you down. Cash has not only not worked for the country but has also hurt the interests of many. Many will try to fight for their own interests. We have been, are, and will be positive with cash from the beginning. He said, there is a lot of confusion and misinformation about cash. Be aware of them. The difference in cash out charges between cash and development transactions alone is tens of thousands of crores of rupees. This achievement has to be given to cash. Country and nation need cash.

Secretary of Post and Telecommunication Department. Khalilur Rahman said, “The enemy was behind us before and still is.” I think the enemy will not end, it will continue. We have to work through it.’ He said, ‘I don’t see the problem here (postal department with cash), everything is clear.’

Tanveer A Mishuk, founder and managing director of Nagad, said, “Like every year, we have shared the share of revenue with the Directorate of Posts. This revenue is shared as per the agreement between the Department of Posts and Cash.’

Since its inception in March 2019, cash has been able to gain the trust of the general public as a service of the postal department. The organization has revolutionized the country’s digital financial sector by providing economic inclusion to the backward people.